Celebrate the King of Pop at the exhibition Michael Jackson: On the Wall. The National Portrait Gallery examines his influence on contemporary art. London Planner Editor, Kohinoor Sahota, takes a look at the paintings, from Andy Warhol’s Pop Art to Kehinde Wiley’s portrait. The exhibition runs until 21 October 2018.
Written, presented and edited by Kohinoor Sahota
Direction, camera, music, graphics and sound by Tim Benton
Jusqu’au 2 septembre 2018 à la Fondation Custodia
L’art imprimé s’élève ici sur au rang des beaux-arts, à travers une sélection d’œuvres du British Museum rassemblant Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Jim Dine, Ed Ruscha parmi les artistes qui opérèrent cette révolution artistique. Un magnifique voyage dans l’Amérique des années 1960.
Lire l’article : http://www.expointhecity.com/2018/02/01/le-reve-americain/
Become a Patron Of The Arts by subscribing to my Patreon Creator Membership Platform!
Sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/PopArtDiva
to get these Patron Benefits:
PATRON ONLY BENEFITS
First, you get to tell people that you’re a bonafide PATRON OF THE ARTS!
Then you get other goodies depending on your level of patronage, including (but not limited to):
1. The opportunity to commission an original work. Available from me no where else.
2. Discounts on my original artwork and hand painted watercolor art jewelry.
3. Downloads of my contemporary art, abstract art and my coloring pages for your personal use. (Print cards, posters, t-shirts, pages to color, etcetera!) All art styles will be offered to each Patron, you can pick and choose!
4. Downloads of my Unwatermarked Daily Doodles – quick little drawings of something that moved my artistic muse for a moment.
5. Downloads of Work In Progress sketches, along with commentary.
6. Access to Patron Only Live Feed Art Tutorials, Works in Progress and Demonstrations.
In support of PEACE ONE DAY, BONHAMS AUCTION HOUSE and JOHNNIE WALKER BLUE LABEL present an F1 art car created the Brazilian born, Miami based artist and sculptor, ROMERO BRITTO. The car was auctioned at the MAD Museum of Art & Design by Bonhams co chairman Malcolm Barber with all proceeds going to support the non-profit organisation Peace One Day.
Internationally renowned pop artist Romero Britto uses vibrant colors and bold patterns as a visual language of hope and happiness, reflecting his optimistic faith in the world around him. This clearly shows up in the art on the car as well and is perfectly in line with the new era of Keep Walking that Johnnie Walker recently heralded, exhorting people to walk with joy to walk further!
Johnnie Walker Blue Label, the pinnacle blend from the House of Walker, known for its rarity and craftsmanship, was the toast of the evening, making it truly special.