My third and final entry into the Rainbows of Summer competition.
This flag is the result of quite a process:
1. First, I made a "Favorites Art" rainbow, choosing 36 images of appropriate monochromatic colors from around flickr, favoriting them, and then taking a screen shot of the mosaic for "Your Recent Favorites" – see the group Favorites Art or the photostream of Penn for some examples.
2. Then I blended the six columns of the mosaic to create a rainbow color strip.
3. Then I montaged the color strip, starting with tightly overlapping copies on the left to stretched out copies on the right, to give the rainbow a feel of movement to the right.
4. Then I blended a number of rainbow flag photos, to give the rather rectangular montage the sense of a flag flapping in the breeze.
5. Then I did a 2/3rds to 1/3rd blend of the result with the fantastic rainbow flag photo from the wonderful San Francisco photographer, starrsf.
6. Of course, then I did my favorite triplicate montage, in the style of modern pop art master Jasper Johns.
And this is the result.
View it large to see the detailed texture created by the many layers of blends.
Tagged: , rainbow , flag , rainbow flag , gay , pride , gay pride , summer , qthomasbower , londonpride2009 , modernart , art , color , colors , red , orange , yellow , green , blue , purple , parade